Adelaide United would like to provide the following safety update for today’s match against Newcastle Jets.
As the match will go ahead as planned, the Club wants to provide those who wish to attend with an update of the safety protocols being implemented to ensure the health and well-being of members, fans, players, coaches, and staff.
Through close work with Adelaide Venue Management, Football Federation Australia (FFA), and Government, the Club has ensured the following safety measures for the game:
- extra hand sanitiser stations situated around Coopers Stadium;
- all food and beverage outlets will be cashless;
- postponement of Hit107’s Kick On The Pitch;
- reduced presence at Family Park;
- reduced pre-match activations inside and outside Coopers Stadium;
- no pre-match or post-match player-to-fan interactions (photos or autographs);
- no pre-match player mascots; and
- no pre-match player handshakes;
There are a number of measures individuals can also do to help protect themselves and others at Coopers Stadium, such as:
- staying at home if you’re feeling unwell;
- washing your hands with soap regularly and thoroughly;
- covering your coughs and sneezes; and
- avoiding close contact with anyone with cold and/or flu-like symptoms (1 metre minimum is recommended).
All corporate hospitality functions will be open at the match, as well as the Official Club Shop outlets.
The Club appreciates the understanding of its fans as it looks to implement measures to create a safe and enjoyable matchday experience.
Adelaide United will continue to take advice from FFA and Government, and all stakeholders, members and fans included, will be updated further on our remaining home matches as the situation unfolds.