Maruschka Waldus and Ben Halloran have taken out top honours at Adelaide United’s annual awards night on Tuesday.
This year’s iteration, presented by Oscar Hunt, was rebranded the Alagich Vidmar Awards and held at Plant 3 Bowden, commemorating the Westfield W-League and A-League 2020/21 seasons.
Waldus claimed the Dianne Alagich Medal for an exceptional season where she demonstrated immense consistency and composure in defence.
Ben Halloran was bestowed the Aurelio Vidmar Medal following an extremely impressive A-League campaign.
Alagich Vidmar Award 20/21 winners:
- Aurelio Vidmar Medal: Ben Halloran
- Dianne Alagich Medal: Maruschka Waldus
- Remo Paris Club Person of the Year: Ivan Karlovic
- A-League Players’ Player of the Year: Jordan Elsey
- Westfield W-League Players’ Player of the Year: Maruschka Waldus
- RAA Travel Members’ A-League Player of the Year: Ryan Strain
- RAATravel Members’ Westfield W-League Player of the Year: Charlotte Grant
- Moment of the Year: Joe Gauci – Save vs Sydney FC
- A-League Golden Boot: Craig Goodwin
- Westfield W-League Golden Boot: Chelsie Dawber
- A-League Rising Star: Joshua Cavallo
- Westfield W-League Rising Star: Matilda McNamara
- Youth Player of the Year: Jonny Yull