Here are some ‘top facts’ for the clash between Adelaide United v Melbourne City.
• Adelaide have never failed to score in seven previous home games against MCFC, however they’ve also conceded in six of these (W2 D4 L1).
• The team scoring first has lost both times in meetings between these sides this season, with City coming back most recently to win 3-1.
• There has been a red card in each of Adelaide’s last two games, one for and one against.
• Melbourne City have won just one of their last eight away matches (D2 L5).
• The Reds have scored exactly two goals in each of their last four home games.
• Three of the nine hat-tricks scored in A-League this season have come against Melbourne City.
• Adelaide have three players on seven goals this season (Carrusca, Sanchez and Cirio), while City’s top scorer has scored just six times (Mooy).
Adelaide United next host Melbourne City in Round 27 of the Hyundai 2014/15 A-League season on Saturday, 25 April at Coopers Stadium. Kick off at 7:00pm ACST. To purchase tickets, click here.